ExpressPass RFID System
ExpressPass RFID uses Radio Frequency Identification to read a unique chip embedded in a windshield-mounted, tamper-proof tag.
Wash owners can offer monthly wash club programs that build customer loyalty and provide a steady stream of recurring revenue with our RFID-based access control system.
Offer customers Prepaid, Postpaid, Unlimited, or Pay-As-You Go options
No staff interaction required for returning customers
Add multiple users to one account to simplify billing (fleet & family plans)
Automated nightly billing reduces labor requirements
Custom kiosk messaging to greet your customers
Windshield tags can be customized with your branding
Our new, discreet windshield tags can be customized with your car wash logo and branding.
Available custom-printed tags are used with our ExpressPass RFID system. The system automatically recognizes a vehicle once the tag is read, and triggers the appropriate wash vend.
- ExpressPass tags can also be configured to offer monthly members additional buy-ups or package upgrades at the pay station.
- Tags will self-destruct if tampered with or removed.
- 2.5″ wide x 0.75″ height
FULLY INTEGRATED ACROSS THE HAMILTON KIOSK LINE-UP
The ExpressPass RFID system works across all Hamilton kiosks & Hosted Solutions.
A merchant signup option allows employees to enroll walk-up
customers, and intuitive reporting gives you real-time statistics on club usage and revenue.
ExpressPass RFID can be configured in one of four passtypes
The customer is charged a recurring monthly/yearly fee for a predetermined number of washes. This is ideal for fleet
The number of washes used in a billing cycle is tracked in Hosted Solutions. The customer is then billed. This can be used for
commercial fleet accounts or consumer accounts.
The Unlimited pass works by charging the customer an agreed-upon fee each month for unlimited use of a designated
Desired service and price are determined at the time the customer signs up, and their credit card is then billed when the pass is used.
- Standard Configuration
- Pass Types
- Tag Dimensions
- RFID Tag Application Instructions
For HTK, CTK, Commander, and Gold Line:
- Comes with pole, light, reader, and required wiring
- 20 generic RFID tags included
Express Lane (does not require a kiosk):
- Comes with pole, light, reader, required wiring, and Express Lane controller
- Supports both relay vend and ether vend
- Supports Hamilton gate sequencing software
- 20 generic RFID tags included
The customer is charged a recurring monthly/yearly fee for a predetermined number of washes. This is ideal for fleet accounts
The number of washes used in a billing cycle is tracked in Hosted Solutions. The customer is then billed. This can be used for commercial fleet accounts or consumer accounts
The Unlimited pass works by charging the customer an agreed-upon fee each month for unlimited use of a designated wash package
Used for customers who do not wash consistently over the year. It gives you the opportunity to retain the loyalty of the customer without making them commit to a recurring charge.
Plans can be assigned global limits, and individual users can be designated their own limit to cap the amount of uses.
Additionally, a reuse inhibit time can be esstablished to prevent repeated washing.
2.5” x 0.75”
- Identify an appropriate mounting position
Typically, this is the upper-left corner of the windshield (when sitting in the drivers seat), or below the rear-view mirror.
- Ensure that the tag can be placed below the tint line
- Clean the area the tag will be applied to with isopropyl alcohol or a similar solution
A permanent bond will not be achieved if moisture, dirt, oil, or grease is present on the surface.
- Remove a tag from the roll
Ensure hands are clean. DO NOT touch the adhesive on the back of the RFID tag. Once skin oils are transferred to the tag, its adhesive properties are diminished.
- Apply the tag
Holding the tag with the edges with your thumb and index finger, carefully apply to the designated area of the windshield with horizontal placement. Apply even pressure with your thumb to ensure any air bubbles are removed and the tag is firmly attached.
If a tag is not reading, use the following steps to help identify the issue:
- Is the customer account active? You can check this in Hosted Solutions. If their most recent payment failed, their account status will be changed to ‘Credit Hold’. They will need to provide a new method of payment to have their plan reactivated.
- Does the customers windshield have a metal component or electrically condusive components? Some luxury manufacturers (e.g. BMW, Acura, Mercedes, Range Rover) use metal oxide in their windshield glass that can impede the RFID chip within the tag. If this is the case, attempt to find an alternate mounting position for the tag (e.g. sunroof).
- Is the tag itself defective? To test, take a different active tag and position it in the approximate position the customers original tag is. If the ExpressPass reader validates this tag, you will need to replace the customers original tag.
- Is the read range of the ExpressPass RFID head too low? This can be adjusted by the Tagmaster software.